The safety valve of the boiler refers to the valve on the top of the boiler near the boiler control room. The function of the safety valve is to be opened automatically to exhaust the steam and restore the pressure when the boiler pressure exceeds the specified valve, so as to ensure the safety of boiler pressure-bearing components and steam turbines.
The precautions for using the safety valve of the boiler
1. The safety valve should be marked with a metal nameplate when it leaves the factory.
2. After the boiler or safety valve is overhauled, it is necessary to conduct the thermal state test on the safety valve to ensure the accuracy and reliability, and also to ensure that the function of the safety valve is not missing.
3. The safety valve of the boiler in use should be inspected at least once a year. After the safety valve is inspected, it should be sealed with lead to ensure the function of the boiler safety valve.
4. In order to prevent the safety valve’s core from sticking with the the safety valve’s seat, which can make the safety valve lose its function, it is necessary to conduct manual test on the discharge function of the safety valve.
5. When testing the safety valve, it should be first to test the safety valve of the reheater system and then the safety valve of the main steam system. The safety valves of the same system must be tested according to the requirements from high to low.
6. When testing the safety valve, professional measures should be taken and boiler pressure container supervisory engineer should be responsible for the on-site supervision to confirm the function of the boiler safety valve.
7. When testing the safety valve, it is necessary to install a qualified local mechanical pressure gauge which is not less than 0.5 grade on the main steam and reheat steam pipelines of the local safety door.